BIDDING TERMS & CONDITIONS
MICHIGAN MORGAN HORSE BREEDERS FUTURITY 2017 STALLION SERVICE AUCTION
Terms & Conditions:
- The enclosed pages attempt to summarize basic terms & conditions for each stallion. However, all bidders should understand that all they are acquiring is the breeding contract to the stallion of their choice. The breeding is subject to the specific terms as outlined in the stallion owner’s breeding contract. THE TERMS IN THE BREEDING CONTRACT SUPERSEDE ANY TERMS FOUND IN THIS PROGRAM.
- The MMHBF Stallion Service Auction is committed to promoting the Morgan Horse Breed by making available to qualified bidders, Morgan stallions whose owners have agreed to donate a breeding to the MMHBF SSA for the prevailing winning bid. Details, photographs, and related documents, etc., (as provided by stallion owners or their agents) are made available for bidder inspection prior to and at the auction event. The MMHBF SSA expressly recommends and cautions potential bidders to review all available information prior to the bidding process. The MMHBF SSA makes every effort to ensure accuracy in its offerings, but cannot and will not substantiate the details or condition of the stallions offered or the accuracy of the details relating to their get. In the event of changes, errors, and/or omissions to the printed catalog or website, the auctioneer will make appropriate announcement prior to the opening of the bidding process at the auction event. Breeding contracts (to cover such items as collection fees, shipping fees, and attendant arrangements) as supplied by stallion owners are provided to the successful bidder for execution and completion of the auction event process. All subsequent arrangements and undertakings are between stallion owner and successful bidder ONLY. The MMHBF SSA is an avenue for the purchase of stallion service, and shall not be held liable for any breach of contract, dispute, or other dissatisfaction. All sales are final.
- In the event of a dispute concerning the terms of the auction or breeding contract, all participants agree to accept the decision of the MMHBF Board of Directors as binding.
- Unless otherwise noted the minimum bid on all stallions is $500 in U.S. funds. Important note: If a stallion does not receive a minimum bid, his offspring are not eligible for the Appointments USA Weanling Spectacular class.
- THE HIGHEST MAIL IN BID OR ON LINE BID WILL BE THE OPENING BID ON ANY STALLION SERVICE. IN THE EVENT OF TWO OR MORE BIDS FOR THE SAME AMOUNT ON THE SAME STALLION, THE EARLIEST BID SHALL DETERMINE THE ACCEPTED BID.
- The top 10 highest bid Stallions will go to live auction the night of the Gala. Each entry will be sold to the highest bidder. The auctioneer will be in charge concerning final bids.
- The Auctioneer and/or Futurity Board of Directors will decline any bid made by intoxicated or disorderly parties or by those who have defaulted on former purchases or by any person, who, in the judgment of the MMHBF Board of Directors, is not a reliable or responsible bidder.
- The mare owner is responsible for any bills concerning veterinary care, farrier, etc. In the event of semen transport, mare owners may be subject to collection fees and shipping charges. Consult stallion owner on the terms pertaining to the shipment of semen.
- Only registered Morgan mares will be accepted for breeding.
- The Stallion Service must be purchased the night of the Gala to qualify the resulting foal for the bonus portion of the prize money in the 2018 Appointments USA Weanling Spectacular. The mare also must be declared by December 1, 2017 to qualify for the bonus portion of the prize money. In the event the mare does not produce a foal as a result of breeding during the 2017 breeding season, the mare declaration form with proof of breeding attempt must be filed by December 1, 2017 in order to receive a bonus qualifying carry-over to the 2019 Appointments USA Weanling Spectacular. To maintain carry-over bonus eligibility, the mare declaration form must be re-filed by December 1, 2018. Carry-over eligibility for services purchased in the 2017 Stallion Service Auction will NOT be extended beyond the 2019 Appointments USA Weanling Spectacular.
- All 2018 get of the stallions whose services were purchased in the 2017 MMHBF Stallion Service Auction are eligible to enter in the 2018 Appointments USA Weanling Spectacular.
Cash, Credit Card (Master Card or Visa), or good Check accepted.
Balance due before mare is bred or by May 31, 2017, whichever is earlier.
Checks must be made payable to MMHBF.